3DR SOLO SMART DRONE, Discontinued
This is the 3DRobotics Solo Ready to Fly Quadcopter. When the guys at 3DRobotics set out to create the worlds first smart drone, they also wanted to achieve an equally impressive goal-deliver the best aerial photography experience imaginable! While this meant that Solo must be able to deliver smooth and powerful flight qualities, it also required that Solo be a smarter drone than the rest. Solo is powered by two 1 GHz computers to deliver an incredible aerial photography experience, including many world-first technologies and a host of built-in safety and support features. Plus, it’s the only all-in-one drone to offer live video streaming in vivid HD from your GoPro, directly to your mobile device—at ranges up to half a mile!
Solo is not only the world’s smartest drone, it is also the easiest to fly! The engineers at 3DR know you don't have the time to become an expert pilot, so Solo is packed with unique features that automate and simplify aerial videography. Solo gives you access to tools that allow you to capture professional quality shots consistently, with little effort. With a host of powerful features that include push button flight and computer-assisted Smart Shots, Solo has the power to take control of the flying, allowing you to focus on capturing that perfect shot. Every time.
In Depth Features:
- The World’s First Smart Drone: What makes Solo smart? Not only does Solo use the world’s most advanced Pixhawk 2 autopilot system, but it also runs two 1 GHz computers, one on the machine and one in the controller, connected via a powerful dedicated Wi-Fi signal carried by 3DR Link. This processing power enables Solo to do amazing things that no personal drone has ever been able to do.
- Helpful Brain Science Analogy: You can think of the computers as Solo’s “frontal cortex”—the most advanced part of the brain. They handle all of Solo’s high-level functions, like Smart Shots, HD video transmission and exclusive GoPro control features. The autopilot, traditionally a drone’s only nerve center, works sort of like Solo’s “brain stem,” responsible solely for the basic rudiments of flight. By splitting up the work, Solo dramatically reduces the likelihood of mechanical failure in flight and opens up a world of possibility for adding advanced capabilities and features.
- Advanced Capabilities: Solo’s intelligence makes it possible for beginners and pros to capture awesome images from day one. Its powerful and one-of-a-kind computer-assisted Smart Shots allow you to set up the exact shot you want, then let Solo execute the shot with the precision of a seasoned cinematographer; and with a list of Smart Shots to choose from, the perfect shot is always just a few taps away. Solo is also the first all-in-one drone to offer live streaming of HD video from your GoPro directly to your mobile device, as well as built-in HDMI for live broadcast in HD.
- Flyaways Never End Well: 3DR knows that a fly away could happen. Don’t worry. Solo has built-in computers that constantly monitor your flight. If you crash or lose connection, the app will prompt you to instantly create a service ticket, which you can submit instantly through your mobile device’s internet connection, wherever you’re flying. If the flight log shows that a system malfunction caused the loss of your copter—the dreaded “flyaway”—3DR will replace the copter and the gimbal if one was installed, and they even give you credit to buy a new GoPro! They back this all up with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Your satisfaction is taken very seriously.
- Smart Shots:
- Cablecam: Lock Solo onto a virtual cable between any two points in space. Now you can freely pan and tilt the camera on your known-safe flight path, or let Solo memorize your first and last frames and smoothly pan the camera between them for you—all you have to do is tap “play.”
- Orbit: Solo can automatically circle any subject of your choosing, keeping it perfectly framed to capture an iconic “wrap-around” shot. Adjust the circle’s radius to get the exact shot you want, even midflight.
- Selfie: With one touch Solo will fly up and away from you, keeping the camera centered on you so the scenery around you expands in a dramatic aerial pullout shot. Then Solo will reverse that shot as it comes back to you, landing right where it took off.
- Follow Me: Go completely hands-free! Solo can follow wherever you go, automatically keeping the camera on you to capture your every move.
- Other cool Features:
- An ergonomic controller built specifically for aerial photography. Its video game-style design breaks from the clunky and complicated RC tradition, so it feels familiar to even new pilots. And in keeping with the video game theme, 3DR even gave the controller a pause button. This is essentially an airbrake that you can hit at any time to stop Solo midflight.
- A full-featured mobile app for both iOS and Android. Choose between a live view from the camera or a satellite view of your selected shot, control your GoPro, and even change how the controller responds to commands.
- Add the Solo Gimbal (optional - not included) and get stabilized cinematic video; full access to GoPro controls; stream HD video to your mobile device; even power your GoPro while you fly.
- Built to Evolve: Gimbal bay, accessory bay and swappable motor pods for easily integrating new technology and features as they are invented. Your Solo won’t be obsolete in a year.
- New Technology: Everything from new flight modes and features to first-party accessories, third-party accessories, and new gimbals and accessories.
- Beginner Pilot Friendly: Solo’s computers make flying easy for beginners and pros alike. Smooth and powerful satellite-guided flight ensures Solo’s position is always accurate, and Smart Shot modes keep Solo locked onto predetermined flight paths. It’s also got that great video game-style controller for a feel that’s reassuring to any user. Plus the controller features one-button flight controls: Take off, land and return home automatically. And if you panic, don’t worry: There’s a pause button.
- Maximize the GoPro Experience: 3DR worked closely with GoPro in order to give you the best aerial photography experience imaginable. Together they developed the world’s first gimbal that offers direct in-flight access to the GoPro controls. With just a click of a button on the controller, you can start and stop recording and snap the exact photos you want during your flight—or change the GoPro settings from within the mobile app. Additionally, Solo is the world’s first drone that offers plug-and-play live streaming HD video from your GoPro directly to your mobile device. Solo even comes with The Frame from GoPro, pre-installed with vibration isolation, so you can get a beautiful HD video stream hassle-free, right out of the box.
Features at a Glance:
- The first drone with a brain, Solo is powered by twin 1 GHz computers
- Only drone to stream live HD video from GoPro® direct to iOS/Android devices
- Revolutionary, intuitive video game-style controller
- Take to the air in seconds with effortless pushbutton flight
- Powerful Smart Shot technology makes capturing incredible cinematic footage easy and automatic
- Unique safety features like pause and “safety net” mean you can fly with confidence
- First with in-flight GoPro® access: Start/stop recording and adjust camera settings from the ground (when used with Solo Gimbal)
- Full-featured app for iOS and Android puts total craft control at your fingertips
- Follow Me mode enables Solo to automatically track and film any subject
- Solo Gimbal (optional - sold separately) delivers smooth footage, GoPro® power and control and HDMI video
- Future-proof accessory and gimbal bays make Solo ready for tomorrow’s technology
- Free software and feature updates ensure your Solo evolves at the pace of innovation
- The smart drone keeps getting smarter: LiDAR for super stable indoor flight; ballistic parachute system; flight rewind and more, all scheduled for release
- World-class customer support means 3DRobotics has your back: live six-day-a-week phone support from qualified engineers; in-app service tickets; and a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Maximum Speed: 55 mph / 88.5 km/h
- Maximum Altitude: 400' / 121.9 m AGL
- Flight Time: Up to 25 minutes (20 with camera and Solo Gimbal)
- Flight Control System
- Model: Pixhawk 2
- Software: APM flight control software
- GPS: Yes
- Handheld Transmitter
- Frequency: Not specified by manufacturer
- Display: Color Screen for menu and live flight telemetry
- Battery: Chemistry: Lithium-polymer
- Capacity: 5200 mAh
- Voltage: 14.8 VDC
- Life: Up to 4 hours
- Mobile App
- System Requirements: Wi-Fi enabled iOS or Android mobile device
- Wi-Fi Range: Up to 2640' / 805 m (depending on environment)
- FPV and Monitoring
- Video Downlink: Latency: 180 ms
- Connectivity: 1 x HDMI output on Transmitter
- Monitor: User supplied Smart Phone or Tablet
- Rotors: 4 x 10 x 4.5" / 25.4 x 11.4 cm self-tightening props
- Motors: 880 kV
- Gimbal Compatibility: Solo Gimbal for HERO3+ and HERO4 (gimbal and camera not included)
- Flight Battery
- Model: 5200mAh, 14.8 VDC LiPo Battery
- Running Lights: Customizable color LEDs to assist orientation
- Dimensions: Not available from manufacturer
- Aircraft: 3.3 lb / 1.5 kg
- With Solo Gimbal and GoPro: 4 lb / 1.8 kg
- 3DR Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal)
- Solo Transmitter
- Solo Flight Battery
- Flight Battery Charger
- The Frame for HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
Needed to Complete:
- Smart Phone or Tablet for monitor